By Winifred Rule
Have you ever felt like someone is preying on you, robbing you of your life, deceiving or manipulating you? If you answered yes, you may be the victim of a psychopath. Rest assured you are not alone.
Psychopathy is the most dangerous personality disorder known. It is not a mental illness. A psychopath is fully aware of what he or she is doing.
Five Clues that a Psychopath May Be in Your Midst:
- Let your intuition be your guide. If someone gives you an uneasy feeling—go with your gut–that is an immediate or basic feeling or reaction without a logical rationale.
- Psychopaths plant “seeds of distrust.” Beware of someone who gives you confidential information about someone else.
- You many sense a psychopath is in your midst when people who liked you before are now growing cold for no reason.
- Psychopaths like to flatter. Beware of excessive flattery.
- Beware of someone who actively campaigns for your sympathy.
As someone who has experienced this first hand, I have dedicated my work to helping people understand the impact of psychopaths in everyday life. My book, Born to Destroy, is the first instructional book on the female psychopath and is based on my experiences and lessons learned from living with two psychopaths. I created this book to equip others with some tools to help successfully spot and deal with a psychopath. For more tips and information, please visit my website. You’ll find helpful blog posts, how to connect with me on Facebook and Instagram, and information on how to get your own copy of Born to Destroy.
Winifred Rule is a member of the Society for the Scientific Study of Psychopathy and author of Born to Destroy. Her work has been featured in libraries and curricula of major universities in the United States and abroad. Most recently, Born to Destroy was accepted into the collections of Columbia University and the Leninka Library, Russia’s Library of Congress, to assist psychiatrists, researchers and lay people to better understand the impact of psychopaths in everyday life. For more information visit www.winisbooks.com