Having your eldest child leave for college can evoke many feelings, your own feelings and concerns as a parent as well those of your child. In this half day workshop, the following topics will be covered:
- How did we get to this stage of life?
- Framework of feelings and management skills
- Setting the stage for your child and this transition
- Thoughtful and conscious planning for summer
- Didactic review of this stage of development
- Overview of meaning of this transition
- Maintaining the connection
- Open discussion
This one time workshop is being offered through the Lighthouse Retreat & Wellness Center. It will be led by Mindy Mayer, LCSW-R, a passionate psychotherapist who has worked with college bound students and their parents for more than 25 years.
Our commitment is to offer a meaningful learning opportunity in a safe, non-judgmental small group*
Saturday, July 13, 2018 | 9:30am-12:00pm
Space is limited to 8 parents
To register call (914) 589-7188 or email email@example.com.